[3830] ARRL June VHF N4NQY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N4NQY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 14:11:19 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: N4NQY
Operator(s): N4NQY
Station: N4NQY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Evergreen, VA

    6:  30     23
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  30     23  Total Score = 690

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

First VHF contest in about 2 years.  Digital Modes make it a lot less
frustratimg.  Not a great score but I did pick up new grids and states on 6m.
All the propogation (for me) was North/South.  I never heard any below NC on the
East Coast. VE's were there most of the contest as were 1's.  Last hour of the
contest 6m started opening to the west, worked AZ, NM, CO, TX and heard CA and
ID.  Enjoyable.  In and out of the shack so actual BITS time wasn't as high as
my # of hours suggests.

Worked FT8 on 6m up till the last hour of the contest and switched to FT4. Wish
I had thought to do that sooner.  6m was good for most of the weekend.  I
listened on 2m and 440 but never heard anyone I could work.  the 2m/440 Sideband
radio was removed from the station to make way for a the Flex 6300 about 6
months ago and I just did not want to get it out, configure a computer, etc.
just for this weekend when I knew time was an issue and I really do not have a
decent 2m or 44 antenna for Sideband.