[3830] WPX CW K9ZO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K9ZO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 01:53:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Illinois

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

15 meters was open to Europe at the start in addition to some Caribbean, New
Zealand and USA. Went to 40 after a while and it was packed with USA so I had a
good run.  The SteppIR worked on 40 for the first time in 9 months, but later it
quit. 80 was similar and good for the USA.  Stayed up until 0800Z.  Mostly USA
on 20 in the morning with just a bit of Europe.  15 meters was good beginning at
14:30 to both USA and Europe, but it did not last so went to 20.  Ten meters
opened on Saturday at about 1600Z with nice Eskip. Had a good run to USA
stations.  Then went to 15 with mostly USA activity and a bit of Europe.  Late
afternoon 20 was open to both Europe and USA.

At 0000Z 20 meters was open mostly to USA.  At 0100Z 40 was good to Europe, with
some USA mixed in.  Not much on 80, but at 0400Z there was some 20 meter
activity, but 40 was more productive.  Stopped at 0700Z.  It got cool in the
evening so the 18e quit on 40.  Started again at 11:30Z on 40. It was open
across the USA.  20 was good at 12:30Z, but hard to get anyone.  15 opened early
at 1345Z with a bit of Europe and it was better than 20.  Kept trying to find
the European opening on 20, but it wasn't really there - mostly USA.  Kept
looking for multipliers.  Late afternoon it was good to Europe.  The last couple
hours we went to our son's for dinner and got back with just a few minutes to
finish things off.
Equipment Flex-6600, Maestro, SteppIR DB18e, inv vee for 40/80, AL1200.