[3830] NewEngQP W1XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W1XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 12:16:09 +0000
                    New England QSO Party - 2020

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WASRI
Operating Time (hrs): 19.2

   80:     82        3
   40:    377       87
   20:    202       29
------------------------
Total:    661      119  Mults = 77  Total Score = 110,957

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Multi-single was not in the cards this time, so I thought I'd take a crack at
my
QRP record set a decade ago.

I made a tactical decision to look for EU DX mults at the outset rather than Q
total. Hopefully Qs would come later.  Proved prophetic as DX mults were almost
non-existent on Sunday. And the Qs came in spades.

I stayed away from the advertised frequency segments as the band map showed mega
 activity there.  So I stayed on the fringes where I could be heard. Ran
probably better than 90% in spite of being QRP.  We are the hunted. Folks gotta
find me.  They did.  40 meter CW runs on Saturday were fantastic.  I worked a
gazillion Californias! I nearly had the old QRP record beat at the 1 AM break.

The DX mults on Sunday largely did not materialize.  Just could not hear me.
Early Sunday afternoon was pretty slow. I could get no traction on phone at all.
Tried 20 meter SSB several times. Nada. That pushed me back to CW where the  2
for 1 point value  was still the better option. The last few hours closed nice
and steady primarily on 40 meter CW as the score passed 100K.  Satisfying.

Stayed in the chair which was a good remedy for cabin fever. From the posted
mega scores, looks like this may have been an NEQP for the ages.