[3830] FlQP K8FC SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8fc@k8fc.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K8FC SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 00:03:43 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8FC
Operator(s): K8FC
Station: K8FC

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: FL/IDR
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

--------------------
Total:  421     0  CW Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 41,258

First, let me get the excuses out of the way.  I have a compromised antenna.
(30'real flag pole) I live in a gated community with covenants. My station which
is located in my workshop is operated via the local LAN remotely because there
is really no room in the shop to use a desk.  As a result, I have latency issues
that usually prevents me from running. Unfortunately in this contest, you really
need to run if you want contacts.  That brings a whole new set of problems. By
the time I hear the radio after calling CQ, the guy has mostly sent all of his
call and I missed it.  So I must ask over and over for repeats.  Finally, at my
location in Florida, we have had two solid days of thunderstorms and first I had
to disconnect a dozen times and second, the static on 40 meters was brutal,
brutal and did I mention BRUTAL?  This combined with band conditions made me
look like a real jerk and alligator on the 40-meter band.  Lastly, and this is
most unequivocally my fault, I did not realize that this event was even taking
place until two hours after it had started on Saturday.

I had many station ask if I was in Florida before they would call.  So, I
resorted to adding my three-letter county abbreviation after my call when
calling CQ ie: K8FC/IDR and that seemed to clear up the problems.  I must say, I
did have a great time and I apologize to all who called but I did not hear.
Staying home now for the better part of two months has had it affects.  I
certainly hope that we are all in a better situation this time next year when,
hopefully, I will be prepared for the Florida QSO party.

73's see you next year.
Joe K8FC