[3830] CWopsT W4NF HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W4NF HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:07:08 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 15

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  122  Mults = 122  Total Score = 14,884

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was doing fine until I glanced over at my VHF tower rotor controller and saw
the indicator reading 180.  That usually means that there is a cable problem to
the rotor.  That got me distracted and thinking about what was wrong.  The lawn
crew had just finished cutting our grass.  This new company was given strict
instructions not to do any work past my shed leading up to and including the
septic field.

Then my KPA1500 faulted with 5 minutes left in the hour.  So I shut everything
down and went to take a shower.

Yes the lawn crew had run over my heavy duty 375' run of rotor cable near the
VHF tower.  They will be replacing the entire run so I don't end up with water
problems encountered with a splice.

The amp was very hot when I shut it down and I'll be send Elecraft the fault
data to see what happened.

Otherwise, a good start to the day.  Stay safe and healthy, 73, Jack W4NF