[3830] Gagarin DX OE1CIW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oe1ciw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Gagarin DX OE1CIW SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 05:15:03 +0000
                    Yuri Gagarin International DX Contest - 2020

Call: OE1CIW
Operator(s): OE1CIW
Station: OE1CIW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN88EE
Operating Time (hrs): 16:57

  160:   13     3
   80:  120    10
   40:  218    15
   20:   92    14
   15:   20     6
   10:    2     1
  Sat:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  465    49  Total Score = 145,236

2020 Yuri Gagarin International DX Contest - OE1CIW

What a great contest last weekend with lot of stations all over the world and
ONLY (!) morse code <3 !

We also had reasonable band propagation on all bands and nice Sporadic-E
openings on 15 m as well so i could work some stations on 15 m too ... even on
10 m band. Just 20 m could be better for me but i guess it is my fault because i
was more active on other bands.

I was active for almost 17 hours in the 24 hours contest and was very active
during the night of course - i only had a break for almost 4 hours at Sunday
afternoon for quality time with my family. Now i´m tired :)

Again some stateside contacts on 80 m with K1ZZ (he was my first and he called
me on my CQ), VE9AA from Canada, NP4Z from Puerto Rico and my contest buddy Bud,
AA3B. Hope that will be a lot more in the next contests - i will try do find the
best time for me to get as many as possible in my log on 80 m from this area.

Sometimes i loose time on 40 m because 40 m still works great during the night!
I still have problems to read the signals on 80 m sometimes because of higher
band noise here even at signals of big gun stations ... but it is amazing that
most of the stations can hear my weak signal regardless my poor wire antenna
under the roof on 80 m!

I really tried to get a good score this time and to work as many stations as
possible ... so this time my raw score is almost triple score of 2019!!! And it
could be even better if i could arrange other quality times with my family and
if i use better antennas on 15 and 10 m. Anyway normally everything i can hear
i´m also able to work in CW.

This time i heard nothing from VK/ZL (that´s a pity but unfortunately that's
normal situation with my antennas buried in the attic :) ), JA stations did only
participate in JIDXC so i heard a lot of stations from over there but not in GC
cup.

Thanks a lot to every station i could work during the contest ... some stations
i have in my log on four different bands 🙂!

73 and cuagn in the next contest
de Michael OE1CIW