[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2AX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2AX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 02:20:20 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): K2AX K3FT AA3K AK2S KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   63    43
   80:  166    69
   40:  322    93
   20:  711   100
   15:  232    67
   10:   26     3
-------------------
Total: 1520   375  Total Score = 1,703,250

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed unexciting but were nowhere near as abysmal as last year. Just
like CW a few weeks ago, 15m was a disappointment. However we did manage a run
to EU for an hour or so on Saturday afternoon. The NS and W beverages we added
back in January proved useful once again. I can’t imagine what it was like
trying to work KH6, VK, ZL, etc. on 80m before and I certainly don’t want go
back. The precipitation static on the 40m beam on Friday night made it
completely useless as an Rx antenna so the NE beverage was essential for hearing
EU.
Thanks as always to Mark, Donna, and their family for letting us invade their
home and for their hospitality as always.