[3830] ARRL 160 W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 00:28:49 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 509  Sections = 66  Countries = 6  Total Score = 74,592

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

160 contests become daytime events when I operate remotely from Japan and this
makes it a little easier to put in a lot of hours since I don't need to stay up
all night.  However, this time, I arrived just about 10 hours before the start
time, and I had not even begun adjusting to local time, so I ended up just
putting in a few hours.

This event really attracts the activity!  It's fun to work a lot of calls that
you don't often hear in other contests.

My Internet connection was pretty erratic the first day and I think my CW may
have been choppy.  I can't monitor my own CW, just the side tone, so I'm not
sure if this affects my sending, but I'm sorry if it made me difficult to copy.

It is humbling to see all of the reports of guys working 30-40 countries.  I
have to hand it to those station builders who spend so much effort on their
antennas.  I didn't work any EU this time and only heard a few on the first day
and none on the second day in my occasional sweeps across the band.  Sometimes
the EU stations I heard quite well were calling CQ with no replies.

CU in the Stew!

73, Hal W1NN remote in Tokyo