[3830] MeQP N7MZW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MeQP N7MZW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 03:38:02 +0000
                    Maine QSO Party - 2019

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 3.0

  160:   0       0       0         0
   80:   0       0       0         0
   40:   0      61       0
   20:   0     111       0
   15:   0       0       0         0
   10:   0       0       0         0
Total:   0     172       0        53  Total Score = 9,169

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's MEQP Contest Log (Out of State) 2.0
CONTEST: MEQP
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 3.0
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 9169
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: WY
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC-7300 with 100 watts output,Heil Pro Micro Headset on VOX
operation,and a modified ZS6BKW Flat top up 50 feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet
elevation from Grid Square DN-71od in Laramie County,Wyoming.A very interesting
event,to say the least!This is the only state QSO Party that I am aware of that
lets an outside area Op work not just the sponsoring state (Maine in this
case),but also ANY OTHER STATE,VE province in Canada,or any DX as well.I made
172 contacts, but only two Ops were located in Maine!QSB was frequent and
pronounced at times on 40 meters,and to a lesser extent on 20. QRN from lower
elevation thunderstorms in adjacent states was really bad at times.Only the
excellent filtering and DSP noise reduction features in the IC-7300 kept me from
ripping the headset off my skull.CA comprised 26% of my total log,TX was good
for 9%,TN for 6%,and AZ,OH, and OR for 5% of total log.I worked one VE and one
Alaska station during my three hours of limited operating time. Apparently,
propagation did not allow me to hear Maine (during the Maine QSO Party),but at
least I made a lot of other "drive-by" Ops happy with the Wyoming
contact.Thanks to all who heard and worked my "100 Watts and a Wire
station". 73,
November Seven Many Zebras Walking
END-OF-LOG: