[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 04:37:32 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   87       2
   40:  115       4
   20:  102       2
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Five Land Lids

Comments:

That was a slug-fest. Twenty started strong, sort of semi-died, and then came
back. It was open everywhere, and many SO2R CQs were there, along with a very
few actual callers, but it did pay off very gradually. Forty was great, great,
great. Eighty was a mud-bath. Pure and simple. Probably lost the mult race once
again, but was happy to get a VE3 on 40. Mults were not "abundant" to
say to least.

Once again, my last hour was painful, and I set a new "bad record" for
me in the Sprint with a less-than-sterling 48 that last hour. The hour splits
were: 100, 81, 75, and 48. I tried everything, and basically CQed one band and
tuned another band the entire time. All the gear worked great, and I have no
excuses.

Never heard Trey even one time. Was N5KO on? Crazy Sprint Ju-Ju.

Thanks to our BlueBelles and also almost two full other W5-Land teams. It was
fun.

Thanks to the Boring gang and all the operators who make this the best four
hours in ham radio

73,Jim N3BB