[3830] WWDigi WA7BNM SOSB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi WA7BNM SOSB20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 01:52:09 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: S.Calif
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   20:  137    27
Total:  137    27  Total Score = 5,832

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Icom IC-7610 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft
Antenna: Optibeam OB16-3 at 50 ft
Software: WSJT-X

Well, that was certainly a different contest experience. Only used the logging
capability of WSJT-X and then manually scored my log. Spent about 75% of my time
CQing (I don't think you could call it running) and 25% S&P. First QSO at
1415Z - nothing to work before then.

Only had about a dozen lifetime FT8/4 QSOs prior to the contest since I finally
got everything working two days before the contest. Based on my pre-contest
experience, I was disappointed not to work any EU (only decoded 2 or 3 EU
calls), no VK/ZL and only a few SAs and JAs. It was pretty much a domestic
contest from my QTH. Most QSOs were FT4, but moved to FT8 when ran out of
stations to work on FT4, but moved back later. Last QSO at 0150Z.

As others have commented, had a large number of incomplete QSOs that I didn't
log. Looks like operating practices for an FT4/8 based contest are still
evolving.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)