[3830] WAE CW ES5RR(@ES5TV) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW ES5RR(@ES5TV) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:13:43 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: ES5RR
Operator(s): ES5RR
Station: ES5TV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 35:09
Radios: SO2R

   80:   98    79    49
   40:  299   438    73
   20:  437  1019    81
   15:  183   259    58
   10:   35    53    17
-------------------------
Total: 1052  1848   727  Total Score = 2,106,846

Rather poor propagation on high bands and static noise on low bands made this
contest quite a tough one. Form time to time the only thing that kept me in the
chair and prevented from quitting was the uphill battle with Southern European
competitors on online scoreboards. Thank you E7DX, SN7Q, S53MM, S59ABC, YO8TTT
and others for posting your scores and keeping me motivated 😉 The DL-big guns
and 9A5Y were in the league of their own anyway.

It was sometimes difficult to get QTC’s as I often found myself losing in the
pile-ups to the above mentioned guys who would then get the QTC’s from the
DX-station. By the time I got through the DX responded “sri NIL” to my
QTC-request. Tough luck. Many stations I worked had so marginal signals that it
made no sense to even consider receiving the QTC’s with strong QSB and QRN.
This will be much more fun with better conditions, hopefully next time.

Thank you all for QSO’s and QTC’s.

73, Toivo, ES2RR