[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 12:13:09 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 9:20

  160:  116    35
   80:  186    45
   40:  321    52
   20:  145    41
   15:   20    16
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  795   192  Total Score = 152,640

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 2

Comments:

I had not planned a full time effort, and was not on for the first hour. When my
first QSOs were W9s and W0s on 15 I had high hopes, but the high bands were not
to be like the great conditions in RAC, IARU, and CQVHF. I suspect I missed the
prime times on 15 by starting late. So I played around, but when the low bands
came into play things became a lot better and my interest increased. QRN was
present buy manageable.

When I caught K9NW in IN early on 10 I had high hopes for a six bander, but
never found Mike on 40!. But late I moved VE3EJ from 160 to 10,15, and 20 for
six with him, and also got local W8WTS on six.

I wondered about those guys I called who took longer than normal to QSL the
contact. We they busy changing a prefilled Florida to Ohio? If so they may have
the same problem in reverse in January  :-)

Tough mults included single QSOs with RI and ND. Totally missed DC, VE6, all the
Maritimes except NL, and . . . New Mexico! Has N2IC totally demoralized the
other activity out there?

All in all a great time, fun having a real station as opposed to the condo
station in Florida. And I'm glad I don't have to now spend all day Sunday at the
radio as well.

73  -  Jim  K8MR