[3830] IOTA KU8E SO24CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA KU8E SO24CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 17:47:04 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2019

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SO24CW HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:00

   80:   37      14
   40:  147      35
   20:  174      35
Total:  358      84       0        0  Total Score = 173,712

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100, KPA500 and dipoles

Skipped my annual trip to the Georgia coast (NA-058) in anticipation of bad
conditions, so I operated from home. It would have been a real struggle with
mobile antennas from the island! I'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth
the trip to the island since participation in this contest from the US is so
poor. It's also hard to break thru all the EU stations working each other with a
mobile antenna. It was even hard at times from home this weekend using 600 watts
and a real antenna.

I think conditions on 20 meters and down weren't too bad. 20 meters was open to
EU in the morning and late afternoon and just past my sunset. Both 40 and 80
meters were decent until just past the EU sunrise. I worked TX2A and NH2DX in
the 0400z hour on 20 CW. Both had loud signals. Heard some Asia on 40 meters but
none of them could hear anyone outside of AS. JA6GCE was very loud Sunday
morning and had a big pileup of US stations calling him couldn't hear anyone
calling him.

Jeff , KU8E