[3830] CQWW VHF AB7E SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AB7E SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 18:31:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: AB7E
Operator(s): AB7E
Station: AB7E

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: AZ

    6:  73     52
Total:  73     52  Total Score = 3,796

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Horrible, simply horrible conditions on Saturday.  I spent ten hours to make 13
FT8 contacts.  Signals would pop out of the mud and be gone in 20 seconds.  PSK
Reporter showed massive activity east of the Mississippi but a huge gaping hole
for Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah.  Not wanting to submit to much more of that
torture, I didn't bother to get on the band again until about 1630z on Sunday
... only to find the band saturated with signals literally from all over.
Propagation stayed pretty strong until gradually fading out over the last hour
of the contest.

This was my first VHF contest and my first FT8 contest.  What a baptism ...