[3830] NAQP RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:52:03 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 6:08

   80:    1     1
   40:   27    13
   20:   82    29
   15:   17    16
   10:   40    19
-------------------
Total:  167    78  Total Score = 13,026

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

The bands were very active this year, had a really good time in the NAQP this
year. Was very pleasantly surprised to see tons of RTTY signals on 10 meters, I
spent alot of time on that band. I had a problem with my gaming keypad which
plagued me off and on throughout the contest. Every now and again when I punched
a key to send a macro, it would send several different macros and would not let
the transmit go on the rig. Of course this was very embarrassing to say the
least. It happened when I ran across N4IQ Bill, and I wound up having to shut
everything down including the power supply to drop the com ports. I think the
problem is RF getting into the device, so I am going to have to order a good
stock of ferrites. Managed to get six hours on the air, as I am still doing work
on our house, we are having new floors laid as I am writing this. It seemed like
the bands were open most of the day to the West coast and Middle America. I did
work a few Caribbean and EU stations, but not many. TNX to all who worked me, I
am already looking forward to next years NAQP!

Frank KG4IGC