[3830] WPX CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 17:50:15 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N9CK K9CT WT2P K9FA W9ILY NQ6N
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

  160:    6
   80:  305
   40: 1194
   20: 1932

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Surprisingly good propagation conditions! Biggest surprise was the early morning
openings to BY, HL, XV, DU and JA on 20 meters...very good signals! We also were
pleased that we got a few minutes to work EU on 15m and one EU on 10m. Downside
was the noise on the low bands...QRN from storms was too strong to even call CQ
on 80 and 160. We had to walk away from the radios when a strong lightning storm
was in the area for about two hours on Saturday night.

We had a very experienced team and one new team member, Jarek, K9FA. Jarek is an
accomplished contester and CW operator. He shared some Polish food with us that
we really enjoyed. We always eat well and everyone chips in. I'm sure that we
weigh more after the contest!

Congrats to KC1XX and K1LZ on a good battle for M/2 USA. They left us
geographically challenged in the dust! It was fun watching the scores on the
online scoreboards.

73, Craig K9CT