[3830] WPX CW KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wigi@kl0r.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 14:41:19 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL0R KL7SB N1TX KL5T NC6K WB2TQE KF2T N7QT
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ALASKA

   20: 2501
   15:  184
   10:    3

Club: North Pole Contest Group

Comments:

This contest was sick!

I mean, really sick! Operators came from all over the country, many just
returning from Dayton, and we all had nasty colds... and if you didn't have it
when you got here, you left with it. It was so bad, we considered going on 75
meters and complaining about it.

For crappy conditions, conditions were actually pretty good. 20 meters was the
definition of a 24 hour band, and we ran it as much as possible. Thankfully, we
had excellent conditions to Europe on 20... because there was none to be heard
on 40 (it is midnight sun season here), and only a few sporadic EU contacts on
15 early in the morning, our time.

I want to shout out to our team... every one of them were above and beyond...
all excellent ops, and we mined every Q that we could... I don't think we left
too much on the table.

We're still working on technical bugs - The Thursday (and Friday morning) before
the contest we repaired a broken element on our 80 4-Square... which including
rebuilding a balun. We also chased down some nasty RFI that was being generated
by a wall wart... We had a rotor failure just before the start of the contest...
we were able to live with it, and it was on a rotor that was already on our
summer list of replacements.

We had a blast... and we did our part to keep the over-the-counter
pharmaceutical companies CEOs kids in college.