[3830] ArQP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ArQP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 00:02:19 +0000
                    Arkansas QSO Party - 2019

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 4.9

   80:    1      0
   40:   34     10
   20:   45     42
----------------------------
Total:   80     52      0  Mults = 55  Total Score = 12,860

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I got sucked into this one, because activity for the first 2 hours was quite
good. There were several mobiles which always helps keep the interest going.
After the first 2 hours activity declined, and the last 3 hours (quit with 1-1/4
hours to go) were very slow as several mobiles had finished their routes and
fixed ops had also gone QRT.

The bonus stations were both weaker than the average fixed signal from AR. N5BVA
was heard buried in QRM from other AR stations on 20 SSB more than once. But,
their op was good and gave me 4 Q's on 40 and 20. KE5XX was even weaker. My
score includes 6 bonus Q's + 1200 points.

40 was basically completely closed to here until 1915Z, then signals suddenly
appeared. This was probably due to an improving solar storm. Signals on 20 were
good all day until 2215Z.

Many thanks to all of the mobiles. Con, K5CM put out at least 3 multi county
lines which really increased my score. Norm, W3DYA went through a lot of
counties; he is easy to miss, does not run on one frequency for very long and
does not some back. Thanks also to mobiles K5DB, K5RM, and Bob, N4CD for several
QSO's each. Thanks for all of the calls and QSO's; the score was higher than I
expected.

73, Jeff