[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VA3ELE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ele@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VA3ELE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 01:48:10 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: VA3ELE
Operator(s): VA3ELE
Station: VA3ELE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: fn03dm
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 28  Max Dist(km) = 514  Total Score = 3,692

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well, what can I say, it was lots of fun. I didn't push for the high score or
qso count, but slugged it out through the tough conditions to work friends and
have fun testing the challenges of the microwave bands. Although the distances
weren't huge, best K1RZ at 514km on 3 bands, I did manage to score a new grid on
10GHz thanks to Keith VE3EG that drove to EN94va for this sprint. also had fun
testing bounce paths on 10 and 24ghz where a direct path was not available.
Unfortunately my one QSO with Steve VE3SMA doesn't count towards the score, it
did take a long time to complete and its a new grid on the band.
Worth a mention, 11 QSO on 10GHZ alone in 6different grids, WOW!! really awesome
( atleast in my book). Best DX on 10Ghz was from Bill W2RMA at 353Km from EN90xi
and next was Tony K8ZR at 201km from EN91vo, too bad I missed him in EN81uk,
would have been nice to work that new one too.
Only one thing went bad and that is my LO replacement in the 3456 transverter, I
think i need to add some filtering to the PS, it seems to have been oscillating
and not the way I wanted it to.

Anyways, I could go on longer, but, I don't want to put all you that actually
read the soapbox to sleep. Thanks to the organizers for taking the time to put
on such a fun short contest for us.

BREAKDOWN:
BAND - QSO - GRIDS - ODX
902  -  4  -   4   - 514km