[3830] WPX SSB W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 15:49:32 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    3
   10:    4

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

One is never too old to learn. My 2-decade-old TS-2000 just doesn't
hack it when the lack of sunspots forces everyone to stack up on the
low bands. I learned a lot more about the RF control and the big knob
during this contest.  Lots of the usual poor SSB signals didn't help.

Friday night was slow and frustrating.  Saturday afternoon on 20 was
reasonable.  Caught a short opening on 10 on Sunday and 15 was sort
of there too.  Had fun, learned a bit.  As usual, I could use a new
rig and better antennas.

Bottom line: did better than any other "non-sunspot" year, but didn't

hear the states I need to complete 5BWAS in MA: 80:AK / 15: DE, ME, VT.

BIC: (actual = 8.5 / "legal" = 10.5)
Rig: TS-2000
Log: N3FJP's CQ WPX Contest Log v4.4
Antennas:
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30ft
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33ft
   20  HB Moxon @ 36ft
   80/40  trapped 80/40M dipole @ 30ft
  160  A "temporary" 160 dipole run "zig-zag" around
          the back yard at about 15 ft average height
          fed at the 80/40 feedpoint.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ