[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 14:21:43 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Mar 27

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  143  Mults = 143  Total Score = 20,449

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

There did not seem to be any activity on 80 before it started so went to 40.
S&P for the first 8 minutes.  Nice pace and good coverage, but signals were
not generally strong. Surprised that VK6HG called in at 13:21.  This was over an
hour after sunrise!  I knew AH6KO was on and he called inat 13:30Z.  At 13:30Z
85 QSOs, so there was potential for a good score. at 13:31Z 90 QSOs.  Most
signals were 579 and close stations were weak, but PA and OH were strong.   At
13:36 had 100 QSOs, but running out of strong stations and often when I tuned
the band I did not find anyone quickly.  New England still had good signals.  At
13:47Z had 124 QSOs, but it had really thinned out.  I did not want to go to 20
because band changes are not efficient.  Flex amp arrived this week, but need
high power band pass filters and more separation between antennas.

A 40 meter dipole in the trees far away would be good.  Still considering a 4
square for 80 and Titanex for 160.  Need about 500 ft of hardline for the next
project. Still considering a visit to Mayo to help determine how much to invest
in the station.  A second tower would make a huge difference and need to decide
before farming starts.