[3830] BARTG K6DAJ(@N6RO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG K6DAJ(@N6RO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 02:33:51 +0000
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: K6DAJ
Operator(s): K6DAJ
Station: N6RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

   80:  101       2         15
   40:  212      17         23
   20:  314      24         23
   15:   19      11          7
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  646      54         68  Continents = 6  Total Score = 472,872

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Remote op from N6RO contest station, thanks to Ken! He originally suggested that
several of us do SOAB6s. But then it turned into just me.

I started to do my SOAB6 with 2.5 hours the first night and some the next
morning.  However, after a total of 5.5 hours, I paused to walk the dog and read
the rules again on my phone, and noticed the band-change limit...oops. Having
been SO2R, this killed my SOAB6, so I decided to keep going...and going...

High bands not very good; Europe/Africa extremely hard to work from here in
these condx; managed a few. 20m disappointing, 15m very long the whole time. 40m
good but went long quickly.

Technical difficulty with a RTTY decoder generating many background processes
that brought computer to its knees. Once I noticed, I killed them all and was
OK. Don't know why it did that. If you had a baffling response from me, that may
have been why. Or it may have been when SmartSDR hung up or when TeamViewer
decided to disconnect or (etc.) Also, I have only limited access to rotors and
amps from remote setup, so Ken had to adjust things for me on site.

Details... Operated 0200-0430, then sleep. Got up at 1300 for 40/80, but no JAs
on 80. Continued all day. EU only started to be audible around 1700.  Second
night got up at 1130 to try and find JA on 80, but none. Worked some east coast
on 80/40 and Asia on 40.  Second morning got a few more EU and Africa on 20. CE
came back to CQ on 15 then nothing for hours, then LU and ZL. In late afternoon,
20 still open to JA but everyone there at work on Monday. Went to 40, which was
productive for a bit, but E. went to 80. 80 took forever to open for us in the
West in this daylight savings time spring.

Flex 6600, ACOM and AL amps, stacks on 15, 20 and 40, 4-square on 80. Remote op
with SmasrtSDR, RemoteRig and TeamViewer.