[3830] ARRLDX SSB TO5A(F5VHJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TO5A(F5VHJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 15:16:00 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: TO5A
Operator(s): F5VHJ
Station: TO5A

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: Martinique
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:  136    34
   80:  521    55
   40: 1098    54
   20: 2028    58
   15:  324    36
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 4107   237  Total Score = 2,920,077

Club: Clipperton DX Club

Comments:

Station-FM5BH
All on a small City lot in Ducos.
Ant: Force 12 C31XR, Cushcraft 40-2CD, HF2V, wires
TX- FTDX3000, FT1000MP MK5, OM Power 2500HF, Alpha 8410

At the start of the contest, made one QSO and then  Win Test would no longer
function. Checked everything and the microham u2R setup. All the settings were
correct. Lost first 15 minutes of the contest. This happened twice again in the
contest. In every case, the solution was to restart the computer many times and
with  magic the software would work. This is how rocket science works.
15 on Sunday was very slow and  I made very few QSOs.
Last hour on 40 had bad rate because of so many callers.
The power went out one minute after the contest. Great timing!
3 % dupes on 20 is too high. With free software to log contests, this is rather
sad.
 With no sunspots, the improvement in equipment now  is able to  generate many
more QSOs that in the past would not be possible.
 However, operating skills do not match  this advancement. I had to ask many
stations to repeat their  full calls when I only got a partal part of it. Many
staions seemed relcutant to give me their full call sign.  This really slows
down my rate. Why this happens so often when you can actually program your call
sign  in a computer to just send your call is a mystery to me.
This does not happen that often on CW, just phone.
Many thanks to all who spent  their time and energy to give me a QSO. I truly
appreciate it.
Lastly, thanks to FM5BH who has allowed me to use the station since 2002. He is
a great a host and outstanding operator in his own right.