[3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 02:50:56 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   32    29
   80:  111    56
   40:  273    68
   20: 1007    97
   15:  111    34
   10:   25     4
-------------------
Total: 1559   288  Total Score = 1,323,376

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Probably the least amount of operating time for me in a long time.  This was
brutal and I'm not sure why I stuck with it.

Started off bad on Friday by blowing fuses in one amp in the first hour and then
had a computer glitz that put Q's on 160 a band I hadn't been on.  Then on
Saturday morning I discovered my 2nd radio would not work.  I was going to stop
but for some reason I thought I would work through it.  By accident I put both
K3's on the same band for a short duration during a CQ and thought I had blown
that SMD diode.  I tried turning it off/on and occasionally when changing bands
it would work.  Turned out to be a band data cable that I had disconnected
earlier in the week and was not seated correctly.

Thanks for the Q's despite very, very poor conditions.