[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6GHA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K6GHA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 00:26:12 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOAB LP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: California

  160:    5     3
   80:   40    26
   40:   59    27
   20:  113    37
   15:   69    25
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  287   119  Total Score = 102,459

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A lot of good things happened in this contest, and one poor thing.
On the list of good;
No Turkeys took out my power this weekend because PG&E put in a new single
line down to the power pole this week.
I was able to recover a logging calculation problem with N1MM (reloaded the
contest) and it saved my queues.
And, I was able to work my first SSB 10m-160M set of all work bands with Kent
KH6CJJ in this contest. He was running 150W, but we did it!

On the challenging side, I only worked ONE EU station on Sunday morning. In
fact, none on Saturday, and I only heard about 6 of them before I had to do a
few things. It was really too bad for me running LP and not being able to work
the folks I heard.
However, on the better side, I took on Bills KB challenge, and upped my game for
LP. He said that a moderate effort should yield 100K points. Well... with about
15 minutes to go, I passed the 100K mark.
Was it a long time with the BIC, yes. Was it worth it, we will see. But it
kicked off the New Year with a 'modest' LP effort. ;-)
Thanks to Andy and the other KBers visiting outside the US.