[3830] NCQP N4CW Mobile Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N4CW Mobile Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 02:36:59 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2019

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: Mobile Mixed LP
QTH: NC Mobile

   80:   325    0       0
   40:   647    0       0
   20:   159    0       0
----------------------------
Total:  1131    0       0  Mults = 64  Total Score = 217,202

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Unlike Saturday, Sunday was a beautiful sunny day which made driving for Jim
(W4TMO) much more pleasant!
We started out and ended on county lines; we had never done that before, and
there's no looking back, we'll be doing it from now on!
Band conditions weren't any better than Saturday's, and the ops we worked
couldn't get any better! I really appreciate the patience shown by all while we
coped with problems or I had to make corrections due to hitting multiple
(undesired) keys on the laptop due to bumps in the road or potholes.
Occasionally 20-over line noise would occasionally plague us making copy
impossible...that took patience from me too! But it didn't happen often...we
were lucky! Unless you've operated mobile, you can't imagine how bad it can
get,and there's nothing you can do about it but wait it out. "It"
happens...
Our modest station had only 3-band capability, but we did try to work W6OAT on
15 meters using our 40M antenna...it didn't work...I couldn't hear Rusty and he
couldn't hear me. K1GQ did hear him but not me...maybe if I had a separate 15M
antenna I could have garnered ONE Q...
20M wasn't very productive; 40M was the bread 'n butter band for us and 80 was
great. K1GQ, DL3DXX and W0BH would work us wherever we were. It was always fun
seeing who'd work me first after a county change!

Thanks, everyone, for the very pleasurable weekend we enjoyed (Jim, W4TMO, my
driver/navigator/strategist monitored the entire contest plugged into my
headphone jack). 73 and please look for us in the FQP in April. BEST of 73, Bert
N4CW