[3830] ARRLDX CW V3T(@V31TP) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V3T(@V31TP) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:48:32 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: V3T
Operator(s): WC0W K5PI W5MJ NM0C WW0G AD0KH WC0T
Station: V31TP

Class: M/S LP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize

  160:  234    45
   80:  896    56
   40:  992    60
   20: 1439    60
   15:  816    57
   10:   43    10
-------------------
Total: 4420   288  Total Score = 3,811,968

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

WC0W, W5MJ and and I, K5PI, led the charge for the V3T operation from San
Ignacio, Belize. A fine group of other ops also joined in.  WC0T, WW0G, NM0C,
and AD0KH provided a second op in the shack all weekend. They copied calls
throughout the contest, and continue to make progress in their CW abilities.
They helped a great deal by keeping an ear on other bands/mults while we
shoveled most of the QSOs.

Ours is a Field Day style operation. We spend a couple days putting up an A3S
tribander, and inverted vee for 40/80 (with reflector for 40), and an inverted L
for 160. The pennant receive antenna worked well again this year.

We've mostly been lucky in the past with pretty quiet conditions, but this year
was tough.  There was an S7 roar on 40M most of Friday evening.  It settled down
about 0300, but we spent a lot of time on 80 that evening.  The noise came and
went all weekend and caused problems on 20 and even 15 at times.  The NB and DSP
 didn't make much of a dent in it.

It was fun to make a few Qs on 10M.  We had a nice opening to TX and a few
adjoining states.  We managed to work CA, IL, the Carolinas and Florida as
well.

Thanks to all our MO and TX club members for calling in. And thanks to family
and friends in San Ignacio for the great hospitality.

See you next year!