[3830] ARRLDX CW WA1FCN SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WA1FCN SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 00:45:05 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WA1FCN
Operator(s): WA1FCN
Station: WA1FCN

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: AL

  160:   26    22
   80:  108    67
   40:  351    90
   20:  412    92
   15:  142    68
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total: 1045   344  Total Score = 1,078,440

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

It has been several years since I last operated all band in ARRL DX.
I favor SB operations, but ARRL puts me at a disadvantage in SB efforts.
There are no separations between low power and high power if you operate
on just one band. At least for all band entries they level the playing field.
       Take note ARRL !!
Because this is first time in several years, I have no results to compare
this year with.  My impressions were great propagation ! I was surprised
about 15 mtrs, and my results on 80. It did take a lot of hours to get a
decent score tho.
Antennas here   TH5 @ 76 ft   TH6 @ 45 ft A3S fixed south @ 45 ft
 2 el 40 @ 70 ft   80 mtr delta loop  160 inverted L   I lost rotor on higher
tower half way through contest. Then again my rotors have been brought down to
ground level.  I just went out to tower losened rotor botls turned mast NE
retightened bolts and will fix problem in the next few days. At my age (71)
it gets tougher and tougher for all band efforts. You guys at 75 plus age
certainly have my admiration .    BoB WA1FCN