[3830] MnQP WB0TEV Single Op Phone HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP WB0TEV Single Op Phone HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 00:39:08 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2019

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: Single Op Phone HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 9:20

  160:
   80:                6
   40:               60
   20:               85
   15:                4
   10:                1
-------------------------
Total:      0       156  Mults = 60  Total Score = 18,720

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

I think this is the first time I've been back in the MNQP in several years. (I
have a nice MNQP plaque from 2012.)  Had fun calling from down here in Texas.
Worked Craig KC0DMF the most, some 15 QSOs, followed by Rich N0HJZ with 10.  I
did manage to make 4 QSOs on 15m around 1900 Z by advertising my intent while
running on 20m and even managed to get one QSO on 10m with a move from 15.

Prop on 20m to Texas just died around 2030Z, could have worked Craig and Rich
more if they'd moved down to 40m mid afternoon, but they seemed to have 20m prop
to somewhere, just wasn't to me.  Not sure if it was condx or due to them both
moving further south in the afternoon and into the skip zone from here.   Last
QSO on 20m I managed with anyone in MN was at 2055Z and then it was 40m only
after that with a few pickups on 80m in the last hour.

I think the mobiles squawking APRS had an advantage.  I could see them move and
know when it was time to stop CQing and QSY to snag them in the next county.

Look for me and K5PS/V31CQ  as V31VP in the ARRL SSB Contest next month.

73,
Victor WB0TEV