[3830] CQ160 CW VE3CV Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3CV Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 19:03:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: EN93el

Total:  QSOs = 240  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 12  Total Score = 71,340

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Tried out the "new" 2008 K3 with all the recent mods, filters and 2nd
receiver. None for K3S.  Diversity reception with all the RX antennas on Main
and TX antenna on SUB was interesting, but no match for the @#$%&! wind
towers!  Birdies on almost all EU sigs, when they were not being covered by NA
CQ machines.  So only 12 countries. Yuk.  So frustrated the second night that I
went to bed at midnight and missed the great NA sunrise conditions.  Was
disappointed staying up Friday night so I wasn't expecting much and only one
Zone 15 for EU at that point Saturday.

Still I got to figure out the antennas and filters in the K3.  Quite a learning
curve after 10 years with the FT-1000mp.  All S and P.  Easily worked all that I
could hear with 100W, except some Caribbean and SA stations that just were not
hearing well.  Must have been local thunderstorms.
Thanks for the Qs....will hope for less noise and local QSR next year.
73
Jeff VE3CV
In the boonies of Huron County

RX Antennas
600ft Beverages facing 330 (NW), 45 (NE), and 90(E)
200ft BOGs facing 10 (N), 150 (SE), and 270 (W)

TX Antenna
80m ladderline fed doublet at 50ft, used as Top Loaded Vertical.  16 Radials.