[3830] NAQP CW WN4AFP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daveedmo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WN4AFP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:14:18 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

  160:    9     5
   80:   69    23
   40:  182    41
   20:   35    22
   15:   30    14
Total:  325   105  Total Score = 34,125

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG REPTILES

Comments:

Earlier this week I found two of my wire antennas were on the ground, so on
Saturday morning I braved the chill and got them back in the air. The center of
my dipoles are at 7' and my single band dipole is at 15'. I checked out the
antennas and all worked fine and I was able to actually tune my combo dipole on
160m. So I had hope to get mults on all the bands this year. Of course, my
primary band was and typically is 40m, but I started on 10m and I heard nothing
but my sidetone. Quickly left 10m and found stations on 15m. My wires on 20m
didn't perform well, so I went to 40m early in the game because I knew that it
would always be busy. I made a majority of my Qs on 40m. 80m was pretty good
too. Late in the game, I was able to load up about 10kc wide on 160m. I was able
to work 9 stations and pick-up 5 valuable mults. I participated on the Swamp Fox
Contest Group - Reptiles team. I heard KG4IGC but never could work my team
member. I even missed the easy 10m South Carolina mult because I waited too late
to seek a QSY. It was great to work many friends during this one. Can't wait
until the next NAQP CW contest! 73s Dave WN4AFP