[3830] NAQP CW NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 06:07:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Remote Operation

  160:    5     4
   80:   12     5
   40:   81    22
   20:  200    50
   15:  185    31
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total:  487   113  Total Score = 55,031

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: WWDXC Corner Pocket #3

Comments:

I hurried about so I could be on-the-air at the start, which turned out
well with an hour of rate over 100 - good for QRP!

I worked a few locals on 10m.
15m was good before local noon, then it was 20m for several hours.
Well, except the remote computer kept disappearing, which lost my
winkeyer keying. Several remote connections and restarts later it
would work for another couple hours. Dang!

My remote keying was also a little slow getting started, sorry for the
delays in responding. You guys are speedy jackrabbits! Take it easy,
my remote keyer can't jump that fast!

When 20m faded, I ate a meal and checked now and then, but 40m never
got strong here. 80m and 160m very noisy, and nobody with a reasonable
signal could hear my QRP.  I took a couple hours off, and checked near
the end for 80m and 160m for a little more luck.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10m, 15m, 20m: GXP 3 element yagi at 72 feet
40m: GXP 2 element yagi at 72 feet
80m: 4 square array
160m: 4 square array
Elecraft K3 turned down to 5 watts