[3830] TBDC AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 00:58:32 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.2

Total:  QSOs = 27  Total Score = 77

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40m trap dipole at 12m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts
Kenwood AT-250

Comments:

Got on Saturday evening to hand out a few Qs. Few was the operative word here.
Not sure if conditions were bad, or just my antenna.

Lots of ops apparently couldn't hear me at all, lots of unanswered calls. Tried
calling CQ and got a few answers, but not enough to sustain a run.

The 80/40m dipole had to be matched through two antenna tuners - the AT-250
first, then the KAT100 connected to the K2. Not a very efficient setup.

But, it still provided a couple of hours of playing radio.