[3830] ARRL 160 KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 17:51:54 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands

Total:  QSOs = 923  Sections = 79  Countries = 68  Total Score = 353,694

Nice DX opening including JA's and ZL3IO who was booming here when he called me
out and came out of nowhere.  Had the start of a nice JA pileup Sunday morning
but that lasted only a few minutes until a PJ remote station came right on my
frequency and incessantly called CQ.  Would have nice to work more JA's but the
PJ remote to care of that.  I should be thankful that conditions allowed working
over 50 countries.  My goal was working 1000 Q's but fell just short of that.

Equipment:
ICOM IC-7300
TX Antenna:
100' cage fed tower with a stinger and two beams on top.  Not enough radials of
course. still looking for a Vac relay to detune it on RX as two Beverages
terminate withing 70 feet from the tower base.
RX Antennas:
10 Beverages but only a few worked.  Best was a 1000' East and a 600' West
Beverage.  My two DXE ladder line Beverages where in the tall grass completely
overgrown which I should have fixed before the contest.  Tried to use a Flex
6600M in dual diversity reception but it was across on another table and things
got to complicated with two headphones flip back and forth.  I needed a
headphone mixer and things would have worked better. Outstanding signals from
the furthest distance were ZL3IO, UA9BE, and JA3DQH.