[3830] CQWW CW N3RS M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N3RS M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 03:25:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): K3WU N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA

  160:  151    19       75
   80:  565    26      102
   40: 1510    37      140
   20: 1567    33      139
   15:  554    28      109
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My friend and neighbor (K3WU only 1 mile airline from me) and I decided to join
forces and maximize our fun and score from this station instead of frazzling
each others nerves with front-end overload while operating separately.  The
options were a multi-single, multi-2 or simply a multi-multi entry class.  It
made no sense to enter as a M/M with just 2 operators and a multi-single
requires much more preparation and discipline than we had time to for which to
prepare.  Entering as a M/2 gave us both lots of time to run or do S&P to
our hearts content and with the band conditions such as they were, no problem
with band change count.  I doubt if we ever changed bands more than 3 times in
any hour.  I only wish we had Jim with us when we were doing serious M/2 entries
back 4 or 5 years ago and before.  He did a great job and we both got a
reasonable amount of sack time.  Of course, there were many hours when only one
station was manned, but we had fun any how.

Conditions were depressed on the two higher frequency bands and we never even
gave 10M a serious look.  I kept an eye on the telnet spots and saw a few that I
checked on, but could never hear the station spotted.  I guess my 10M antennas
just aren't good enough to hear those pipsqueak signals that make it through for
a few moments, then evaporate.  Lot's of station issues this time around,
centered on my unique station control system that hasn't been updated for a
multi environment for several years.  It worked great for my SO2R efforts, but I
was at my wits end on Thursday before the contest when WC1M came to the rescue
and spent much of Wednesday on the phone with me and then worked into the wee
hours of Thursday doing some software mods for me.  Dick spent much of
Thanksgiving day guiding me through the installation of the new software via the
telephone.  Dick was a true friend-in-need in this regard and I am truly sorry
that we never actually met eye-to-eye.  Long story short, we still have some
issues, but the station played very well and I am thrilled with our 2-man
results.

Our thanks to the sponsors and of course to all those who called in to make this
a delightful experience.  See you all in the ARRL CW contest.

73 de Sig, N3RS

Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  Pt/Q
   1.8     151     416   19   75   2.8
   3.5     565    1556   26  102   2.8