[3830] TBDC KA1J Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KA1J Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 18:02:04 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 31  Total Score = 186

Howdy all,

Kind of an unusual night for me. Around 8PM EST the band was in great shape. Was
able to work NP2J, heard KV4FZ but he couldn't copy my QRP signal. Around 1AM
EST the band had dropped out almost completely. I'd gone upstairs to make a very
late supper and when I came back down there were 3-4 stations I could find and
I'd worked them earlier. Around @AM there was nobody on so I pulled the plug.

Had some bad interference starting around 10 local, almost seemed like a
switching PS but I haven't seen that kind of interference here except from a PS
I unplugged before the contest, maybe it came from some distance away? Had a
tough time with directivity with my Rx antennas too, seemed like the signals
were strongest in the wrong directions, either band condx or I have some repair
ahead of me.

Missed my old friend Pat W5WMU SK, always looked forward to hearing him, was a
real contest when I'd hear his call...

73 & have fun!

Gary
KA1J