[3830] CQ160 SSB AB4B Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB AB4B Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 19:08:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: AB4B
Operator(s): AB4B
Station: AB4B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: al
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 296  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 9  Total Score = 43,586

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Had fun for the P/T effort I put in. I was very interested in how the
new PVRC 5 el RX array would workout. Also I had built a new RX pre-amp system
which I just got on-line during the week. More than likely missed some mults due
to switching around the RX ant. The WX didn't cooperate on Sat night as storm
front fm the west was kicking up lots of QRN though the RX array helped with
that however it was intense enough that I QRT'd before I wanted to Sun morning.
Hrd some EU at sunset on Sat and worked a few on Fri night. Low Power just
doesn't do the job for DX Q's in this event from NW AL. Anyhow I have confidence
in the performance of the new RX array finally and glad to handout AL to those
who needed it.

Just love bands with "6" in them. Thanks for the Q's , Tim , AB4B

Ten Tec Orion + T vertical + PVRC 5el RX array all in "the Heart of
Dixie"