[3830] ARRLDX CW KM6JD SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KM6JD SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 02:01:39 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KM6JD
Operator(s): KM6JD
Station: KM6JD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 20:35

   40:   92    35
   20:  267    45
   15:   55    25
Total:  414   105  Total Score = 126,315

Excellent contest!  Not too much QRN or QRM (except for the wild pileups like
V51YJ).  My new amp, an OM2000+ from Array Solutions, arrived in just a nick of
time.  About 3.5 hours before the contest started!  Can anyone say timing is
everything??  Only operated 40, 20 and 15 meters.  Didn't even check to see if
10m was open.  Thanks to a very good local ham friend of mine, he got my amp up
and running.  I'm an amateur when it comes to HF power amplifiers (no pun
intended!).  He was a contest lifesaver for sure.  Otherwise I would have been
forced to enter the low power category.  Wish they had a 40-15m category.  Oh
well.  Had a great time and that's all that matters.
Rig:  IC-7300
Amp:  OM2000+
Antennas:  Force-12 C31-XR at 60 feet and a quarter wave 40m vertical.
Logging:  N1MM logger+
Looking forward and will be more ready for next year's contest.  Can't wait!