[3830] CQWW CW K0OO(@WA3EKL) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0OO.PAT@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0OO(@WA3EKL) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 01:23:59 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0OO
Operator(s): K0OO KG4USN WA3EKL N3DPB KB3VQC W3UL NG3K K3MYI
Station: WA3EKL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD

  160:   34    10       20
   80:  163    22       75
   40:  262    33      113
   20:  566    34      120
   15:  245    28       86
   10:   12     6        9
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

>From K0OO at WA3EKL.

We had our normal mini CW crew this weekend with some new operators and a fun
time was had by all.  Some of the phone ops are now getting better at cw.
Despite the atmospheric conditions we did amazingly well with good country
counts on 20 and 40.  Even on noisy 160 we managed 30 multipliers.  The lower
bands seemed a little more noisy the second night until about 0600 UTC when
suddenly they became much quieter.  40 was dying to Europe earlier and was now
open to the west for us.  Pacific was good and after a few ZL's  suddenly we
began working every European we could hear Long Path until about 0800 UTC.  It
does pay to keep someone in the chairs at all times!
Special thanks you go to the crews of PJ2T swept us on 6 bands and VP5M swept
us on 5 bands.  As always W3LPL was a beacon for all of the bands.  Thank you
also to all of those that took their Holiday in some sort of a Dxpedition away
from their families.  Thank you also to the Caribbean stations that are still
in rebuild mode fro the earlier storms.  My best to the crews at KP4 and KP2
for their efforts to make it on the air for this one.
 The Thanksgiving leftovers were delicious!
See you all in the pill ups.

73,

from K0OO and the WA3EKL contest crew