[3830] CQWW SSB CF7RR(VA7RR) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CF7RR(VA7RR) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 18:54:15 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CF7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: BC

   20: 2924    35      105
------------------------------
Total: 2924    35      105  Total Score = 938,560

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A big improvement in conditions over a year ago - QSOs are up, mults are up, and
so is the score.

     Was able to run a bit both mornings into Europe, JAs were plentiful, and
the rates into the USA were awesome. Even with 2,700 QSOs already in the log,
the last hour of the contest on Sunday into the USA was a 200.  It was so fast
and furious (and fun), in fact, that I made a conscious decision to forego most
all of the the Sunday afternoon multiplier searching, and I may have left
another, say, 15 or so multipliers on the table.  Oh well, so it goes.

     The only significant Murphy visit was a power outage midday Sunday -
without the backup generator that kicked in to keep the electricity supplied, I
would have been score deprived to the tune of about an hour's operating.  As it
was, we lost about 15 minutes by the time we got power reconnected and reset
all of the radio, computer and other station controls.

     A great thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for the use of one of his operating
positions while he did a Single Band 40 and exercised his new 40 meter array.

    Hope to see everyone for CW.

73,
Gary  VA7RR