[3830] CQWW SSB KU1CW SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku1cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KU1CW SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 23:15:59 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU1CW
Operator(s): KU1CW
Station: KU1CW

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   20:  904    32      121
------------------------------

I had no plands for the WW SSB portion, so worked with Mike, W4AAW, to evaluate
some new upgrades to one of the remote positions. I think that was my first SSB
try via remote as well. K-3 position is still under upgrades and I have used
FT2000 with GUI  and RemAud for the audio RX and footswitch PTT.
 All worked good, but I need to learn how to keep PTT alive on RemAud. When it
goes dormant and one tries to make a QSO - first half a second is garbled
audio, noted by few ops.
 I learned to push foot switch to awake PTT connection prior to TX in order to
have a good audio. There is probably an easy fix to it - some Windows setup to
keep port alive or continious ping? Not sure yet.

Thanks for the Q's and see you in CW portion as P40C.

73, Alex KU1CW/7