[3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2rj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 00:34:08 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   17     7       11
   80:  132    12       52
   40:  367    22       82
   20: 1137    30      104
   15:  734    24      102
   10:   87     9       27
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Trying assisted because, well I feel that's where the contest world and CQWW is
headed anyway so, why not? I like to keep an open mind.

Radio and amp mostly behaved but this is hopefully the last contest for this
amp as its new solid state full SO2R replacement should be here before the next
contest and this one will be delegated to spare duty before it goes back to the
original owner end of season. I had to repair the control board in the amp this
week as the warm up timer went faulty and some fat fingers caused more problems.
Thankfully that was fixed easily. So while I was SO2R it wasn't really truly
SO2R because one radio was low power. BUT it did help.

Band conditions seemed better than last year but it was a mess all around,
especially 40. 15 seemed really nice and with assisted I got DXCC on two bands.
I am torn on assisted for phone contests, but I think I may go back to
unassisted next time again. Point and click is nice but actually finding your
own contacts is nice. I ran like the wind but had to take a few breaks as our
refrigerator broke and I had some chores at home to do AND quit in the middle
of a big run because of that. Maybe a fuller effort would yield more points?
Who knows!

Big things coming in 2018 hopefully. :)

Congrats to all my FRC fellow compatriots. Hoping we beat YCCC again this year.
I will drink to that in a brand new piece of FRC drinkware!

Equipment:
Flex-6700 with version 2 software
Alpha 91B amplifier
SteppIR MonstIR:
3 el 40
4 el 20
4 el 15
4 el 10
2 vertical phased array to Europe (SK3W board)
Inverted L for 160
Beverages for ears

Thanks for all the Qs
88