[3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, contesting@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 00:05:39 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 33.3

  160:   16     5        7
   80:  133    13       60
   40:  180    22       79
   20:  617    27      111
   15:  476    28      118
   10:   86     9       28
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Unlike previous years, I did have some technical glitches this time around. A
really borked computer kept me out for the first hour or so, then amp problems
during a very prodigious run caused me some grief on Sunday morning. I limped
through with reduced power.

Low bands were nothing to write home about Friday and Saturday nights, but
picked up nicely after dark on Sunday. A bit of life on 10 during the late
afternoon on Sunday as well, but strictly trans-equitorial. No JAs on 15 but I
did work KH0 and KH2 so not all was lost there. Also managed a few BYs and a BV
on 20, but that was it for the rare Asian entities for me.

A threatened windstorm didn't materialize during the contest but it was raining
like mad all afternoon/evening Sunday. The high wind warning that was issued
will take effect about an hour after the contest ends. That was my big
worry--having to lower the tower during the contest.