[3830] CaQP W6A M/SCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6A M/SCntyExp HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 18:28:39 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: W6A
Operator(s): K6TLR K6DRL
Station: W6A

Class: M/SCntyExp HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:         128
   20:         235
   15:          33
--------------------
Total:   0     396  Mults = 55  Total Score = 43,230

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Alpine County Expedition

2nd year doing this... seeing as how we only got roughly 70-80 QSOs last year,
this year went much better. Huge bonus... There was no wind on our location
this year! Or at least very little... nothing like the 60mph gusts last year.
It did get down to the low 20s at night though. Huge thanks to W1SRD for
loaning us the amp. We were able to actually hold a running frequency, and chat
with CA stations via backscatter. Took roughly 4 hours to get the amp tuned
properly, and figure out how to keep the antenna from rotating, and work the
kinks out of the station, but once we did, we had an immediate pileup for about
2 hours on 20m, and then a nice pileup at the start of 40m in the evening. We
had another station roughly 1 mile from us that was only running 100w off a hex
beam, so we had to stay 30khz away from each other. Which limited our S&P
efforts. We never saw ND, DE, or MR... even though our signal was ALL OVER the
states surrounding those ones. Even got some Europe and Eastern Europe on
Sunday. Not bad for a 600w expedition. Overall, we had a great time, and are
looking for ways to improve for next year! I will be putting together some
pictures and a write up of the shenanigans for the MLDXCC and NCCC newsletters.