[3830] SEQP K3PP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SEQP K3PP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 01:49:08 +0000
Solar Eclipse QSO Party

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EPA

  160:
   80:   51                    31
   40:   20                    18
-----------------------------------
Total:   71     0       0      49  Total Score = 6,958

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was more interested in contributing to the science of this event than racking
up loads of QSOs. For that reason, I parked on 80m CW and ran (yeah, me!)
during the eclipse pass. I was somewhat clumsy and the rate was fairly slow
because there wasn't as much activity on 80m as other bands. I'm eager to see
the numbers from the RBN during the almost three hours or so that I was
calling. I am not in the path of totality, but I did work a few W5s during the
closest pass, so I feel like I got a little enhancement there.

Grid: FN20EU
Power: 1500W
80m Antenna: Force-12 EF-180BV linear-loaded vertical
40m ANtenna: Dipole @ 40 ft.