[3830] WAE CW KM4SII(@KJ5Y) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km4siinc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW KM4SII(@KJ5Y) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 00:38:23 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KJ5Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

   20:  71     0     42
-------------------------
Total:  71     0     42  Total Score = 2,982

20m CW, High Power, Remote...

First, I want to apologize for the many requests for repeats -- I am just now
starting to learn CW, so my RX is not very good by ear. Therefore, I used a
decoder to assist in my receiving. As can be imagined, the decoder is not
perfect especially on weaker signals, so I had to request many repeats. I am
mainly a phone op, so this was my first big CW contest. There were several
stations that called me that were too close to the noise for me or the decoder
to copy as well...

Thank you guys so much for your patience as I tried to copy your information!

I operated via the KJ5Y remote station and only operated for about 10 minutes
on Saturday, 30 minutes Sunday morning, and around three hours Sunday evening.
Since I'm still new at CW I decided to not to go all out this weekend. I
operated 20m only as that was the only band the remote supported and did not
attempt any QTCs because of my poor copying skills.

Lots of fun despite my difficult code RX! Again thanks for all of the
patience!

I had to go QRT unexpectedly mid-QSO with thirty minutes left because the Wi-Fi
got disconnected.

I will be trying to put in a bigger effort for WAE SSB. I am thinking about
organizing a small team to operate the contest multi-single at W4NC.

73 all de KM4SII - Mason (14 year old operator)