[3830] WAE CW ZM4T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW ZM4T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 23:42:15 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL4YL ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    2     0     8
   40:  194   150    96
   20:   94    60    58
-------------------------
Total:  290   210   162  Total Score = 80,828

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

The weekend was fully planned (without contest) but we managed to do a few hours
in our afternoons and on Sunday morning. Conditions were much down from last
year. On 15m I could hear a few Russians/Ukrainians on local Saturday evening
but they didn't get me. 80m on Sunday morning was almost dead. 40m via short
path was busy but I guess the EU's have a higher noise level in their evenings
as we get much more requests to repeat numbers etc.
Saturday afternoon I operated. Ixi (ZL4YL) was in town staying overnight with a
friend. For Sunday my wife Birgit and I had planned a 36 km run (marathon
preparation). Therefore no night operation at our end. Sunday afternoon (after
the run) we picked up Ixi and she did two hours of operating and QTC-handling
while Birgit and I relaxed in the bath tub. We switched off the radio at 5:30
pm local on Sunday. Again no night operation as we had to be back in school/at
work on Monday morning.

73 Holger ZL3IO/ZM4T