[3830] NAQP RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:45:51 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 7:54

   80:   21    12
   40:  131    35
   20:   55    24
   15:   20    11
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  230    84  Total Score = 19,320

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: Swamp Fox Contest Group Team 2

Comments:

Had a lot of fun in the NAQP,experienced  good band conditions on 15, 20 and 40
but dealt with QSB the whole contest. Got shut down a few times due to severe
thunderstorms throughout the evening, but did my best to get back on the air
ASAP. Surprisingly, 10 was open for an hour or so and was able to snag a couple
of Q's Did a lot of S&P, had trouble getting a good run generated late
evening for some reason. I want to say that I did manage to get about two or
three good runs in the afternoon though. Seemed like all bands were open to the
North and upper Western states the entire contest. Had a really hard time
working Texas and most of the lower Western states which is unusual for me. Got
to work fellow swamp foxes Phil NI7R on 40 & 20 meters and  Dave NJ4F on 40.
Around 11 PM, things really started to fizzle out, there were plenty of stations
on 40 but extremely difficult to work. Same deal on 80 but with an S-9 noise
problem.