[3830] WPX CW K7DR SOAB LP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K7DR SOAB LP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 00:41:14 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 12:55

   15:    8

FTdx3000
135' Inv L
G5RV Jr at 25 feet
Win-test

I was in and out of the shack for the weekend. This Indy native is in front of
the TV every year for the Indy 500.

Condx all over the place, started pretty well Fri evening but thinned out at
07z. I woke up at 10z (6:00am), made some Q's on 40, then when I tried 20 about
12z, I was surprised to hear JA's coming in and worked a couple with my meager
100w and G5RV Jr in the tree!

Saturday evening the solar storm hit and after a couple hours of listening for
stations through the flutter, I quit for the evening. It was tiring to hear
stations at 30 wpm plus with the flutter added, it made it tough at times to
differentiate numbers like 2 & 3, and 7 & 8. Sunday morning at 10z was
the dead zone, nothing on my spectral display, even lost WWV/CHU. Slowly
signals strarted to return, then it was time for the Indy 500. I made a few
random contacts in the afternoon, then quit when I found out 6m was open. We
had Es for over 6 hours from 21z til 03z. Added some new grids, now just a few
away from my first 100 on 6!